11.24.2008

Day 5




Hi, This is Shawn

I guess it's my turn to make an entry to this blog. So here we go.... I don't know what to say or the words to explain how incredible this trip has been so far... but I'll try.

It was amazing and a blessing to see the living situations of these kids and families but at the same time to see the smiles and the magnetic personalities that each child brings. I have grown to really love these kids!

Today we visited a school called "Joash Learning Center". The kids did the most incredible performance to date!!! It's soo amazing how much impact each school has on each individual kid as well as the community. There actually is a kid named Joash that attends this a school and got his name from the school. He was an abandoned baby who the Pastora of this church took in cause the mother just couldn't afford to keep him. Now he's this little kid running around with a huge smile on his face! It's soo fun watching and playing with him! God is definately working in each school that I have visited!!

My favorite part of this trip so far was being able to walk in the streets and alley ways, visiting the families and seeing how they live. It was cool because as we walked around the neighborhood, many kids would follow us around as if we were super stars!! But the real joy was seeing the smiles on peoples faces as we walked by saying hi and waving at at them.

The Philippines has definately left a mark in me. To sit here and actually be here in the moment, knowing that it's not over yet makes me want to cherish the last few days I have left. I'm truly blessed!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!!
God Bless!!

No comments: